THEMAWORDS

THEMAWORDS

utorok 16. augusta 2016

Finnish celebrations (EN)

Time flies so fast. I can't believe, it's almost a month since I arrived to Finland! Everything is new to me, but I'm adapting to things very quickly. It's so easy here in Finland! There are many amazing people helping me out. Especially  my host family, friends, people at school and teachers.
There are few things that happened since I uploaded my first post.

I was honoured to attend my host sister's confirmation. It was a big day for her. I haven't seen her for 5 days, because all kids leave on a "camp" and relatives can only meet them in the church. It was a busy week for the rest of the house because we had to get everything ready for the big celebration. We were expecting many guests to show up. My host mother made a plan for whole week, so one day we were cleaning up the house, the other day we went shopping and we baked one cake every day. Crazy! At least we were organized! There's a saying, that when you make a plan, you´ve done fifty percent of all the work. I can now confirm, that it's true. I also got a chance to be at the ceremony, which was very nice, even though I didn't understand. And the thunderstorm outside was not really helping me out to catch some words. After the celebration we went back home and guests started coming. I met almost every family member, which was a little confusing for me, because I didn't remember many names and couldn't tell who is from my host dad's family and who is from my host mom's family. Anyways. The celebration was lovely! The whole family is so nice and I'm so proud of my host sister. And us! Everyone was helping out to arrange the best celebration! I actually think it was the

 best celbration ever. Guests had a good time, Ade was shining, I got to meet more members of this amazing family and I could play with babies, which was easy for me, because they didn't really
care what language I speak.
I kinda realized, that some little children in family are afraid of me, because they don't understand what I'm saying. Maybe I'll improve my reputation in their eyes one day!
Next week Miksu (my older host sister) introduced me to her friends and we went shopping to Oulu. Yes, there was another "party" going on. Their friend Linnea is leaving to Switzerland for a year. We got everything ready and went to surprise her next day. We had a great evening, we were talking, eating and enjoyed last hours of summer holiday. All of Miksu's friends are so sweet and even though I only know them for a week now, it feels like I've known them for a very long time. I wish Linnea  wonderful stay in Switzerland! Enjoy every little bit of it!
Now I feel like photos in this posts are all about food. They are. Food is really delicious here.

Heippa!


Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára