THEMAWORDS

THEMAWORDS

pondelok 1. augusta 2016

Tervetuloa Suomeen! (EN)

July 27th means two important things to me. First of all it's my host sister's birthday and second of all: my Finnish adventure begins! I'm going to spend 11 months in Finland, near the town called Muhos, where I'll also go to school. 
I had to wake up early in the morning and my parents took me to the airport. We sayed goodbye to each other, exchanged few warm words (my family is pretty Finnish when it comes to showing emotions, we don't show them) and here I am! Packed up with two kilograms overweight luggage (no one at the check-in desk noticed), waiting for my plane to take off. I flew to Helsinki and then stayed in Anjala, where YFU orientation took place, for three days. The orientation was wonderfu! I became friends with all the amazing people from all around the world and we learned so much about Finland. It was lot of fun! 
On July 30th me and other two girls took train to Oulu, where our new families were supposed to pick us up. The train ride lasted eight hours and was probably the longest ride I ever took. Not because of the duration, but because all the excitement. We tried to sleep, walked through the whole train, bought sweets, tried sweets, didn't like the sweets, tried to eat salmiakki for the second time, still didn't like it... couldn't open the washroom door, tried again, still unsuccessful... 
I couldn't wait to meet my host parents and host siblings. When we finally arrived I ran to them and hugged them. Now, they weren't  only people I exchanged emails with, now it was real. My new family for almost a year. It's hard to describe that feeling! It was magical! 
They drove me home and we ate a dinner together. We had a pastry with rice inside, salmon soup, yoghurt with fresh fruit and carrot cake. Yummy! After the dinner, they showed me their house, my room, garden and animals. They keep three sheep, hans and two cats. I fell in love with the view from the dining room window.
The next morning we decided to go on the island near us. The weather forecast was saying, that there will be a storm in Muhos, but it didn't seem like that. And bad weather doesn't discourage Finns not to swim in cold water. Because it's going to be cold anyways. We enjoyed a nice boat ride, even though it was windy and bit cold for me. As soon as we arrived on an island it started raining. Children were swimming, adults and I were standing outside in our raincoats. After we saw lightning we went back on a boat and returned home. A huge thunderstorm came right after. We had to stay in house until the evening. Then we went on a backyard and played Mölkky (Finnish game with wooden sticks).   
I'm also starting to learn more and more Finnish words. My host brother August is a very good teacher! Mostly, because he's five and he doesn't speak any other language. He shows me pictures, names things in Finnish and then I have to repeat after him. Hopefully, I'll learn Finnish fast.


Heippa!




















             
                River which I like to look at from the dining room while drinking my kahvi (coffee)



Look at all these amazing people in one picture! YFU orientation





  


               

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára